Did you get the ick about your favorite chapstick or lip balm brand now that you know they're not great for your lips? Feel like making your own organic lip balm? It's actually really easy to do. We put together a super simple DIY Lip Balm recipe for you to try out - perfect for a rainy day!
DIY Lip Balm
For video instructions, click here!
- 2 tbsp. Organic Raw Shea Butter
- 4 tbsp. Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp. Organic Candelilla Wax (or 2 tbsp. of Beeswax)
- Optional: 10-15 drops of Organic Lavender or Peppermint Essential Oil
- Fill a large pot about 1/4 of the way with water and place on stove top.
- Place a large heat-safe glass bowl (make sure it's larger than the pot opening!) on top of the pot filled with water and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low. Add Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, and Candelilla wax and stir until melted.
- Add 10-15 drops of your chosen essential oil and mix in. Remove from heat.
- Using a small funnel, immediately pour melted mixture into a lip balm tube or small container.
- NOTE: Once the wax hardens, you'll be stuck with it in whatever container it's in!
Cheers to hydrated, healthy lips ya'll!
- Tal xo