- Lemon peel is rich in antioxidants, including vitamin C, which helps to protect the body against oxidative damage.
- The essential oils in lemon peel have anti-inflammatory properties and may be effective in reducing inflammation in the body.
- Lemon peel is believed to have antimicrobial properties, and may be effective in fighting off infections caused by bacteria and fungi.
- The peel may also have digestive properties, helping to relieve bloating, indigestion, and nausea.
- Lemon peel is considered a warming herb, with a stimulating and invigorating effect on the body and mind.
- It is believed to have a bright and uplifting energy, promoting feelings of happiness and positivity.
- Lemon peel is classified as a carminative, helping to relieve digestive discomfort and promote healthy digestion.
- It is also considered an astringent, helping to tighten and tone the tissues of the body.
- Lemon peel is often used in herbal medicine to help treat respiratory infections, digestive problems, and skin conditions like acne.
- The essential oils in lemon peel may also be used topically to help treat muscle aches and pains, as well as headaches and other types of pain.