Gotu kola, also known as Centella asiatica, is an herb that has been used in traditional medicine for centuries.
The amount of herbal blend tea you should use can vary depending on the specific blend and your personal preferences. As a general rule of thumb, you can use approximately 1 to 2 teaspoons of herbal blend tea per cup of water. However, some blends may recommend using more or less tea per cup of water, so it's always a good idea to check the instructions on the packaging.
To prepare the tea, simply bring fresh water to a boil and pour it over the herbal blend tea. Let the tea steep for 3-5 minutes, depending on the specific blend and your desired strength. You can strain the tea and drink it hot or let it cool and drink it as a refreshing iced tea.
It's important to note that while herbal teas can provide a range of health benefits, they should not be used as a substitute for medical treatment. Always consult with a healthcare professional before using herbal blends or any other dietary supplements, especially if you have a medical condition or are taking medication.
- Cognitive function: Gotu kola has been shown to improve cognitive function and memory.
- Skin health: Gotu kola has been used to improve the appearance of scars and to promote wound healing.
- Anxiety and stress: Gotu kola has been used to help reduce anxiety and stress levels.
- Anti-inflammatory: Gotu kola has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation throughout the body.
- Venous insufficiency: Gotu kola has been used to improve venous insufficiency, which is a condition in which the veins have difficulty returning blood to the heart.
- Nervine: Gotu kola is considered a nervine, which means it can help calm and soothe the nervous system.
- Tonic: Gotu kola is believed to be a general tonic, which means it can help promote overall health and vitality.
- Diuretic: Gotu kola is thought to have diuretic properties, which can help reduce fluid retention in the body.
- Blood purifying: Gotu kola is considered to be a blood purifier, which means it can help remove toxins from the blood.
- Wound healing: Gotu kola has been shown to promote wound healing and to improve the appearance of scars.