Goji berries, also known as wolfberries, are a small red fruit that has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine. Here are some of the benefits, energetics, and herbal actions of goji berries:
- Antioxidant: Goji berries are rich in antioxidants, which protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Immune booster: Goji berries contain polysaccharides that can stimulate the immune system.
- Anti-inflammatory: Goji berries have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation throughout the body.
- Eye health: Goji berries are believed to be good for the eyes, as they contain high levels of zeaxanthin, which is important for eye health.
- Skin health: Goji berries contain nutrients that can promote healthy skin, such as vitamin C, beta-carotene, and amino acids.
- Taste: sweet, slightly sour
- Energy: warming
- Organ systems: liver, kidney, lung, spleen
- Tonifying: Goji berries are believed to tonify the liver and kidney, which can help promote overall vitality and longevity.
- Blood-building: Goji berries are considered to be a blood tonic, which means they can help build and nourish the blood.
- Yin-nourishing: Goji berries are often used in traditional Chinese medicine to nourish the yin, which is associated with coolness, moisture, and calmness.
- Moistening: Goji berries are believed to moisten the lungs and the intestines, which can help alleviate dryness in these areas.